The Burger King Black Burger - Review

About a year or so ago I remember having seen that Japan had an all black burger in their Burger King's. The picture to the right is their equivalent of the Jr Whopper and the Whopper (and yes that is black cheese and black sauce.)
At the time when I had read it I thought "OMG I would love that if it came here, just for the novelty of it." Well just in time for Halloween here in the US Burger King has released an American "friendly" version of their Kuro Burger.
Yes it is here in the US folks and I tried it :) The bun is baked with A1 Steak Sauce, and served with A1. It is the traditional Whopper with a gothic twist! Now never having tried the Japanese burger I can only speculate as to how the two taste. But getting past the black bun, the burger itself is, well, a Whopper with A1.

Now to me, the bun was more mushy/doughier than the traditional Whopper bun. However, that being said, I found it rather enjoyable. I had also noticed that many of the people in the restaurant at the time hadn't ordered one.
I had made a comment to the cashier "you all probably have sold a ton of these already right?" to which she replied "honestly...not really. I think its something about eating a black burger that some might find off putting." And yeah I can see that as most Americans are not very food progressive, and are off put by unfamiliar colored foods (anyone remember Purple Ketchup by Heinz?)

Overall, I would have to say that I really liked the Halloween Burger. It was tasty. I think however, Im going to opt out of the extra sauce and see if that makes the bun any less doughy.

So what about you? Are you going to try The Halloween Whopper?
BTW this is my actual burger in this photo :) 






0 comments:

Post a Comment