Fiverr the good bad and ugly

So this is a review of the website/service called Fiverr. So I have worked for Fiverr for a few years.

Back when I started it was a great community that came together under the question "what would you do for $5". You could get any manner of digital goods, or services for $5. I one time got 40 pinback buttons for only $5 with my custom logo on them.

I have sold my services on there and have made a few dollars. However, now you are able to charge more than $5 and so now everyone and their grandmother think that it is ok to over charge for their services, when the whole point was to only charge five dollars for those services.

So I need and want more YouTube viewers, so I went on there to find someone to do digital marketing and to get me more subscribers. I laid out the request with my intent and wrote everything up who what and when of what I needed done. I then get spammed with everything but what im looking for.

And then the few people that have actually contacted me and are what im kinda looking for they want to charge me more than what I put in the request. Its like if you can not or will not do what is being asked for the prices that are being requested then dont bother contacting the person looking they are not going to go above their budget and are not going to want to do business with you or what anything other than what they want and want to pay.

So with the changes that have undergone over there, its almost impossible to get people to do work for $5 which is what the whole premiss of the site was and is about. I mean if you are willing to pay upwards of $100 for some things then I guess that is up to you. But over all they are way to restrictive in the language that you can use in order to sell or communicate with the buyer or seller. You can not put anything in the body or subject of a message that looks like you are giving them any off site contact information, or that you are asking them for money in the body of the letter, which when discussing your upcoming transactions is very much needed. And then you are limited to the file size you can use in order to send to the clients or get from them.

Had you asked me about this site 6 years ago I would have had a different tune. But now days it really is a crap shoot. These are my opinions on the site, I will leave you to formulalte your own.

Now the "good" part. So if you are someone who does any type of digital marketing, or things like that (even 3D printing) then this may be the perfect place to generate some additional revenue. There are very little fees taken from you when an item sells, and the money can go into a PayPal account, or a RushCard (this is a prepaid debit card that has fees associated with it.) But just remember that the whole point of the site is "What you will do for $5"

0 comments:

Post a Comment