Ralix Fidget Spinner

Fidget spinners have taken the world by storm and have become one of the must have's of 2017. Their simplistic nature and supposed claiming effects are said to refocus attention, and allow its user to calm down, and ease anxiety.

The manufacture writes "The Ralix spinner toy is your perfect fun distraction at work or at school, while serving as a cool tool to reduce tension and pressure for important tasks and projects
IMPROVE FOCUS - Calm your mind from racing with this sensory widget, which improves your attention span, creativity, and mental focus to stay on course in your business and academic work
RELIEVE STRESS - Our ergonomic spinners are natural management devices to relieve stress, angst, and restlessness, all built up by the everyday burden of office, school, and household responsibilities
FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN - Whether it's adults in the workplace or kids in the classroom, our spin toys help everyone over age 3 relieve energy and organize their thoughts for stress free living..."

So as someone who has anxiety, deals with stress, depression, and is bipolar, I will say that it does have a very satisfying affect on me. When spinning, I like the way it feels in my wrist when I tilt it side to side. I space out watching it just spin, and the whirling sound of the bearings are rhythmic and hypnotic. However, how this would translate into the real world applications like using them in school or at work is beyond me.
Just playing with it at home while watching TV or talking on the phone I find that I am more absent minded and just "zone" more. So for productivity at work, or trying to teach, I think that it would be a big distraction. However, since time immemorable we have always drummed our fingers, or tapped a pen, or clicked it or bounced our legs. Im a leg bouncer all day long (at the time of writing this I didnt even realize I was bouncing my leg lol) its my go to actually, then finger drumming and then pen clicking.

All of these things aside, these spinning wonders have taken on a cult like following spawning thousands of designs. Some shinny, some only 2 sided, some 6. But from what I can tell they are all about the same. This one here however, has really amazingly smooth spinning. I can not attest to others as this is my first spinner. But I will say yes, they do work to keep you distracted from what may be bringing you anxiety or depression, but being to distracted in other aspects may not be the best of things. I have even heard of some schools placing a ban on them, as they are to distracting and kids fighting over them and stealing them from others.

Here is a quick little video of me playing with my Ralix

I think that my cat may have ADHD too as she loves watching it just spin and spin. She once it winds down, She smacks it trying to get it moving again. Its actually kinda cute. Mind the messy bedroom but here is a video of her watching it


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete