Houzetek Smart Wi-Fi Plug Wireless Outlet

*UPDATE* After using this plug for about 3 days, it stopped working. It still connects to the net, and "responds" to the on off function when you use the app or tell Alexa to turn it on and off. I tried resetting it the way that I know how to do, and still can seem to get it to power on any device plugged into it. So I am going to check YouTube to see if anyone else had this issue with this plug. But as of right now its not working and I am bummed out. I wanted to use it for my Bearded Dragon's lights.

Ok so I have to be upfront about this plug. DO NOT FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS TO CONNECT IT TO ALEXA. And do not download the app that it says to download to make it work. Chances are if you have an "off brand" smart plug you already have the app that will make this work, if not then you need to download the Smart Life app by  Tuya (this is for Android, I am not sure if it is the same for iPhone or not).
I tried for 3 weeks to get the stupid suggested app to work. Finally I decided to just try to connect using the Smart Life app and it worked. And because I already had it connected to my Alexa app, it was easy to set up once everything was synced.
Its a great plug (now that I got it working) but there was a few minutes there where I was about to box it up and send it back with a 0 star rating.

You can use the Smart Life app to control the socket, or you can use Alexa like I said. I have my heater hooked up to it right now and its nice to say "Alexa shut off the bedroom" and it turns off the lights and turns on the heater. I am really spoiled now that I have my Amazon Echo Dot. I know many times, you never know what you are going to get with unbranded items like this. Especially since Amazon doesn't officially list it as a supported device. But now I know to just run everything through the Smart Life app if it wont connect anywhere else.

Here is what the company had to say about their product:

The Houzetek WiFi Smart Plug can be controlled by your smartphone APP to turn on /off the household appliances or set a timer for remote control while you are away from home.

Save Money by Running the House on Your Schedule

Houzetek Smart Plug allows you to create schedules to automatically power on or off your home electronics and appliances at anytime. You can create a schedule for each device any day of the week, or customize it by a specific time in a day.

Keep energy bills low by effectively managing your most power consuming appliances. Scheduling allows you to prevent power hungry devices from being left on longer than needed.Make your devices run on your schedule, even when you’re not there.

Smart Plug Control from Anywhere

Houzetek Smart Plug can be controlled through your existing Wi-Fi network via the App. Download the app to your smartphone or tablet and have access to turn your home devices on/off, set schedules, and monitor energy usage.

The Free app allows you to add as many Smart Plugs as you’d like to keep track of multiple appliances, whenever, wherever.

Control with Your Voice

The Smart Plug works directly with Amazon Alexa to manage your devices through Voice Control. Assign a name to each Smart Plug and communicate each plug by name when making a voice command.

You can also create a group for all your smart devices and control them all in one command.

No Hub Required

Works with any Wi-Fi router without the need for a separate hub or paid subscription service.

Main Features:

Support Wi-Fi 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n network

Intuitive, easy set up and easy to use

Small, space-saving, won't cover the whole outlet

Power indicator

Specifications:

System capability: iOS, Android

Material: v - 0 flammability standard shell

Power Input: 100 to 240V AC


1 comment: