UNITEK Aluminum USB 3.0 to SATA Hard Drive Docking Station with 2-Port Hub and SD Card Reader

By far one of the best devices ever made for accessing old hard drives. I have had my eye out for one of these for quite some time. 

It allows you tot take old SATA hard drives (typically the type that come in newer computers and laptops) and use them like a thumb drive. 

However, this one lacks the ability to use the older IDE hard drives :( so that part I was bummed out about since I mainly work on late 90's to mid 2007 computers so it would have been real nice to have that function. 

However, with the power and the abilities this one has, I am happy. It is super light weight, but not in a cheap flimsy way, so it could be portable if need be. It also has 2 USB ports and a SD Card slot which provides a lot of extra help since the device requires a USB port to operate.

It isnt solely USB powered which is another drawback but typically I just keep it plugged into the same powerstrip my laptop and printer are hooked into. 

Over all I would say this is a great device to have, especially if you work on computers and need access to hard drives etc.





 


0 comments:

Post a Comment