Wikibuys review

If you have been on Facebook as of late, you may have seen an advertisement for Wikibuy floating around your timeline, claiming that it can save you money for using their services. Well I am here to tell you that is not really the case.

I downloaded the Chrome extension and got everything set up, and went "shopping" on Amazon. I just wanted to see how much cheaper it could find things for me. Well at first when I went looking I was amazed to see that a few of the items were being quoted almost a full $10 off of what amazon's price was.

But that is just clickbait sadly. When you click on the highlighted Wikibuy it takes you to a landing page of sorts with 3 to 4 listings showing prices from around the net. Now there were a few things that I searched that promised better prices through ebay and when I clicked to check them out I was quickly let down. I was looking for an item and Amazon said it was $11.99 with Prime. Wikibuy claimed to have it for $5 less.

But when I went to the listing, it was actually more, or I had to pay for shipping which after that was all said and done, would be he same price as what I could get it on Amazon, and in many cases a business day later vs up to almost 2 weeks later.

For anyone who is a savvy shopper this is almost a slap in the face. Sure the price may be lower, but when you factor in shipping costs, save yourself the time it takes to download and install the browser. Out of 15 searches I did not come across one item that was going to be significantly reduced utilizing this "money saver".

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

0 comments:

Post a Comment